YARN MAJOR QUALITY ISSUES AND CORRECTIVE ACTION PLAN:
1. Thick Place:
Major yarn major quality issues found in the export garment, which is thick and thin places of the yarn. “Thick Place” means “voluminous” or “coarse thread.” Thickening is a yarn defect that adversely affects fabric quality. An acceptable slab point for the ring- and rotor-spun yarn is +50%.
Corrective Measures to be taken to control thick place :
• Controlling fiber breakage during processing
• Removing short fibers during combing
• Keeping clean of all processing machinery
• Using yarn clearer in Winding
• Proper maintenance of processing machinery
2. Thin place :
Another yarn major quality issues is a thin spot, which is a spot where the thread looks lighter. This is a yarn defect that adversely affects fabric quality.
Corrective Measures to be taken to control thin place :
• Remove Staple Fibers During Combing
• Storage Clean All Processing Machines
• Yarn On Winding Use Clearer
• Proper Processing Machine Maintenance
The smallest tangle of fibers is called neps. This is a yarn defect that adversely affects fabric quality. Neps can be seen on the fabric surface after dyeing and finishing. The nep length is 1.00 mm.
Corrective Measures to be taken to control Neps:
• Controlling the proper setting of Blow room machinery
• Controlling abrasion /friction during knitting/dying
• Proper selection of Raw cotton
4. Hairiness :
Corrective Measures to be taken to control Hairiness :
• Control of short fibers
• Use of wax
• Control of friction during ring processing
• Controlled winding of hairiness Speed
• Minimizes friction during knitting and dyeing
5. Patta :
Corrective Measures to be taken to control Hairiness
• Mixing in yarn lot
• Higher percentage of CV yarn
• Tension variation of the knitting machine.
Corrective Measures to be taken to control Contamination :
• Preparation Use a cotton sorter in the process
• Use a yarn clearer for winding
• Select the appropriate raw cotton.
Here above, we have discussed the major yarn quality issues and Corrective measures to solve